22 April 2016

Rhymes with avocado

Avocados don't seem to be going away, even though I actually think they're kind of slimy and tasteless.  It's funny how no one ever asks my opinion on these food trends (for the record, I totally approve of the bacon one).  I don't buy into the "healthy fat" claim, either, if it's just your excuse for binging on fat. But, these funny-looking little fellows can be pleasant if used correctly.  If you want to do something besides smash unseasoned avocado into a piece of toast, try some of these:

Tasty things with avocado




Swap egg for avocado in a tangy bearnaise sauce!










In a recipe combining all of the douchiest trends of the last five years (but I love them), you can make this tasty kale, avocado, and quinoa salad from OMG food.









Make a creamy sauce for your pasta salad.








Try Cooking Classy's ranch dressing recipe, which uses avo & yogurt as the base.















I still love this guacamole recipe with bleu cheese and bacon in it.


























This is stupid.  No one likes you
when you eat this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment