06 January 2015

Best Cookbooks of 2014

In my humble opinion, these cookbooks were worth buying in 2014.  My criteria were:

1) I wanted to copy over 60% of the recipes in the book for regular future use

2) Most recipes did not require trumped-up bullshit ingredients that I have to special order from Tunisia, etc.

3) Recipes were strong on flavor, moderate-to-low on time and effort (because I do have other things to accomplish during the day besides make one freaking meal)

4) Swear words.  Only one cookbook fit this category, but it was pretty fun.






The Kitchn Cookbook: Recipes. Kitchens and Tips to Inspire Your Cooking, by Sara Kate Gillingham and Faith Durand





America Farm to Table: Simple, Delicious Recipes Celebrating Local Farmers,
by Mario Batali and Jim Webster


No comments:

Post a Comment