17 October 2014

Friday favorites and a cocktail

I may be a sucker for pumpkin spice in the fall, but I am an absolute whore for apple cider (not literally). I also like drinks that are easy to make because, well, I am old and cranky. Here's what I've been drinking lately:



Bourbon Cider

Serves 1

2 parts Apple Cider
2 parts Ginger Ale
1 part Bourbon

Combine the cider and bourbon in a glass. Top with the ginger ale, give it a little stir and plop in some ice ice. Garnish with an apple slice.

I like lots of other things, too, actually. There are so many clever bloggers out there with brilliant ideas.  Here are a few I thought worth sharing this week: 



This recipe for chicken tinga tacos is so simple and delish.  I used actual chicken, but I think you could definitely substitute seitan and never the dead bird. 




Who couldn't stand another creative grilled cheese recipe in their life?  Especially when it has a fried egg on top!




It am probably too cheap to pay for this after my 30-day trial runs out, but for the time being, I am digging the tutorial vids on Salted tv. And I love that you can browse recipes by mood.


Frosted Red Velvet cookies.  That is all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment