12 July 2014

Weekend Links

From Proud Italian Cook



It is oh, so hot here in Northern Colorado right now, which means I'm looking for new recipes that I can cook ahead and eat cold in the middle of the day.

 



This beautiful salad with squash ribbons is a feast for the eyes and only takes minutes to put together.







I love this clever way to use up kale in my garden from Eats Well With Others.  It has coconut, noodles, and basil--it might just be perfect! Might not make it too spicy until the temps cool off, though...


From Gimme Some Oven




Gimme Some Oven is a great blog, and I appreciate this slightly upscale version of an old Midwestern potluck classic, crunchy ramen noodle salad.  I always wanted my mom to make this for picnics...











I did manage to escape the heat this week with a quick trip up to Laramie, WY, where they have a fantastic new brewery called Coal Creek TAP.  Bree was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the beers, and she steered me toward some great choices: a lightly smoked porter, the hoppy Samurai, the super citrusy Laradise, and the Anodyne, named after a great old Uncle Tupelo song (and everyone knows that beer + Uncle Tupelo = extra awesome). I may just spend the rest of the summer sleeping on their sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment